Monday, May 12, 2008

What is an I-pod?




I-pod is a portable device for storing and playing audio files encoded by mp3 and it also stores videos and pictures.I-pod is designed by Apple computer and was released in 2001. All I-Pods (except for the shuffle and touch) have five buttons and the later generations have the buttons integrated into the click wheel an innovation which gives an uncluttered, minimalist interface. The buttons perform basic functions such as play, next track, etc.



Apple has continued over the years to innovate the I-pod to make it a slimmer, sleeker exterior image, while expanding its capacity to store songs, videos and pictures and its capabilities. I-pods are user friendly and have a user friendly design so that even the most technology challenged people can use it with ease. I-pods is not just a device that plays music or videos ect, it is also used as a teaching tool that is being used in many different ways to speak to today’s students in a language they can understand. When connected to a personal computer (PC), Windows or Macintosh, the I-Pod communicates with a piece of Apple software called i-Tunes. I-Pod and i-Tunes work together to synchronize the songs available on i-Pod to those available on the PC. This happens automatically, without any intervention being required from the user.

1 comment:

Lizelle Basdeo said...

The i-Pod is indeed a fabulous invention and what's more great about it is the way in which it is evolving, i-Pods are now able to do more than just store and play music files, you can now watch lengthy movies, download content, watch streaming television,and share multimedia with others. Who knows what you will be able to do with your i-Pod next...